Corporate benefits package
Purchasing, Program management, Product launch
Advanced Purchasing Program Manager - working within the high performance and electrification team.
Salary Guide: £43-45k + Corporate Benefits Package
The flexible working nature of this role means this could work for individuals living across the Midlands with the need to be in the office likely to be only two or on occasion three days a week, thus no daily commute.
- We are recruiting for high calibre, career focused and ambitious purchasing professional to join a high performance advanced European projects team.
- The holder of this role will be on the forefront of electrification and EV technology development for the group, based in the UK but with daily interaction with colleagues overseas and regular travel to European and US sites.
- The Advanced Purchasing Program Manager is accountable for high performance and electrification programs and the coordination of multi-functional teams to ensure success of program(s) across numerous plants.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities: Assume responsibility for successful product launch for all new programs with regards to budget, planning, scheduling, stakeholder satisfaction, and direction of assigned resources from program kick-off through to a successful production launch (i.e. cradle to grave).
- Travel requirement of up to 40% (project specific) Develop, update and complete Open Issues Timelines, Supplier Risk Assessments, Capacity Studies, APQP Status Reports, Change Logs, Stakeholder Milestone Summaries, Launch Status Reports, procedures and reports as identified in the template Open Issues Timeline Coordinate and assist in the compilation of the overall program budget for supply chain costs.
- Prepare and present the program's top-level sourcing plan to senior management.
- Challenge the organisation on design to manufacture philosophy which will enable a stable process for serial production and a cost-effective design (VA/VE).
- Champion regular cross functional Product Launch Team (PLT) meetings to review the program schedule and assign resources to address any open issues.
- Distribute and follow up sourcing and costing tasks within global purchasing organisation for more conventional category purchased items, like fasteners, bearings, seals etc.
- Procurement and cost modelling of more advanced product specific categories like geared products, aluminium castings and power electronics in line with global commodity strategy.
- Responsible for prototype sourcing and follow up.
- Ensure that accurate RFQ's are issued towards suppliers and defined purchasing processes follow.
- Identify program risks and establish suitable contingency plans with the team.
- Run supplier events to align expectations at all critical stages of the project.
- Demonstrate problem solving capabilities on all program related topics.
- Work cross functionally to achieve business unit and Corporate goals and continual improvement of all processes.
- On Time, On Cost & On Budget mindset to enable the Quote the business, Win the business and Launch the business philosophy.
This is high importance role within the Group, those with the relevant experience gained in an Automotive environment are strongly encouraged to apply