Trainee Accountant - Central London - Up to £30k
A dynamic and entrepreneurial supply chain, pricing and financing services company are looking for highly motivated Trainee Accountants.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and exciting team of professionals, who are building a company with great potential.
This role would suit a recent finance graduate looking for their first or second role within accounting.
- Reconcile debt factoring accounts against the ledger
- Manage the daily FX process ensuring correct action is taken to support foreign currency transactions
- Monitor and post cash receipts on group bank accounts when needed
- Resolve queries with front office, operations, and finance teams
- Manage the petty cash and foreign currencies advances for business travel and reconcile the advances against receipts and returned funds
- Take responsibility for various areas of the accounts, e.g. prepayments and overheads
- Involvement in preparing and submitting monthly VAT returns, European sales list and Intrastat report
- Reconcile the loan accounts to confirmations from banks
- Post intercompany transactions and agree intercompany position with overseas subsidiaries
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Interested in studying for an accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA)
- An openness to learn with a commercial focus
- Commodities / Trading interest