The main elements of the role are:
• The ultimate aim of the role will be to secure projects for the business and you will be required to prioritise your work accordingly. You will assist the commercial manager and the estimating team in securing circa £10 - £12 million of suitable projects each year. (Turnover to be reviewed on an annual basis)
• To review and understand specifications and architectural drawings with the aim of producing well presented, accurate, and competitively priced quotations using our estimating software packages and existing excel spreadsheet.
• Utilise our supply chain when preparing quotations. Ensuring to approach external suppliers for assistance and maintain a good working relationship.
• Keep up to date and maintain a good knowledge of our supplier’s products, identifying pros and cons for each which will assist you in your role.
• Peer checking of other estimator’s work.
• Monitor the progress of completed tenders by making contact with our clients on a regular basis.
• Maintain a good knowledge of pricing software packages.
• Maintain a good knowledge of building regulations relevant to the role
• Identify value engineer concepts for best buy and competitive tendering
• Once a project is secured, assist the commercial manger in populating the existing handover document. You will be expected to successfully pass the detailed history of the tender to the contracts team complete with value engineering recommendations.
• Attending pre-let / tender review meetings may be required from time to time.
• Attending training courses will be required from time to time.
• The company is in the process of offering roofing & cladding in addition to glazing. Assistance in the pricing of these elements will be required from time to time.
• Portray the Company’s professional image at all times.
• Suggest and Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving operations to meet organisational goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
• Assist in the collating and processing of client’s enquiry documents and general admin duties
• Where required the role may involve assisting in the creation of material take offs.
You will be expected to liaise with the following contacts on a regular basis
- Main Contractors
- Internal departments
You will be expected to utilise the following software / documents on a regular basis
- Supplier Pricing Software (Logikal, Schucal & Genisis V6)
- Appendix D Pricing Sheet (Excel)
- Quotation Letter (Word)
- Quotation Log (Excel)