I am currently working with an impressive roofing and cladding contractor that is based in the North West in their search for an Estimator to join their commercial team. Having worked with this business on a number of placements over the last couple of months specifically, I can genuinely vouch for the fact that this is an employee-centric business that has experienced impressive growth over the last 3 years.
Renowned for delivering award-winning roofing and cladding packages, predominantly within the North of England, but also nationwide; the successful candidate in this position will find themselves working on projects varying in value from £500,000 to £3m. Due to the success of their approach to ensuring the highest quality of delivery of projects, the commercial and technical teams are currently working on some projects that are due to commence in 2 years' time.
This role will suit candidates that have a background working on metal roofing and cladding packages that consist of materials such as Aluminium, Copper and Zinc including both Zipped and Standing Seam roofing and cladding, ventilated facade experience would hit a sweet spot.
About the position
To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitively priced, and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Contract team.
The post holder will:
1. When tenders arrive, assess the type of tender, client, and closing date of the tender to determine prioritization of all tenders
2. Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct
3. Review tender documents assessing scope risks involved, tender complexity, and provide feedback to the Commercial Director.
4. Where necessary, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk, and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
5. Meet & liaise with sub-contractors to facilitate their accurate bid process.
6. Calculate and prepare quantities in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
7. Compile and draft full bid document, tender schedules, programme, and other items required by the tender.
8. Once the tender is completed, incorporate all relevant details, forward to Estimating Director for review and approval prior to submission.
9. Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine the progress of tender.
10. Compile relevant tender information into Estimating Software and estimate price.
11. Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on the submitted tender.
12. Maintain sound and cooperative working relationship with existing clients
13. As required attend and participate in Industry functions
14. The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required.
In addition to the above duties, all staff is required to:
a) Undertake appropriate training and staff development as required
b) Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety.
c) Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorized persons.
d) Participate in the company’s Performance Review and Development Scheme.
e) Adhere to Company’s environmental policy and guidelines and undertake tasks in a sustainable manner.