Birmingham, West Midlands
£30,000 - £40,000 NEG DOE
Curtain Walling, Rainscreen & Cladding Systems
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join the team in this well-established and fast-growing leading façade contractor.
The business offer design, manufacture, and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. They’re one of the most respected specialty contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK.
The success of the business is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures, and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing and issuing tender quotations and ultimately securing orders. The target will be to achieve estimates of £70m a year.
- Reading all specification documents and drawings (Architects and Engineers).
- Producing and issuing compliant quotations in alignment with the Company’s procedures and approved documents.
- Following up quotations and begin negotiations with clients and feeding back to the Estimating Manager or Commercial Manager/Director.
- Obtaining costs for raw materials and sub-contract bought-out items.
- Respond to all phone calls, e-mails, and other communications, from clients, suppliers, and senior management team.
- Attend meetings off-site when requested with the Commercial team
- Amend when required, original quotation and bills in line with changed instructions by both clients and senior management team.
- Obtain samples when requested by clients and the senior management team.
- When the contract is secured, issue handover documents and attend both external client meetings, raw material suppliers, bought in sub-contract work, and internal meetings, under the request of the Commercial Manager.
- To comply with all Company policies including Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Act as an ambassador/exemplar of company systems and embracing/support/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seek and develop ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attend any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years estimating experience in the external facade market OR
- Minimum of 3 years of estimating experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Good technical understanding of glass, windows, doors, aluminium curtain walling and rainscreen systems, and fire related regulations.
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS-Outlook, Internet Explorer and PDF.
- Schuecal (Schuco Windows and Curtain walling).
- EValuate (Construction industry estimating software), or other construction estimating software.
- Basic AutoCAD experience would be beneficial.