- Producing high quality general arrangement drawings in most cost efficient way for approval / construction / as built.
- Preparing fabrication drawings for bracketry and pressed metal in conjunction with location drawings.
- Producing glass and fixing schedules as and when requested.
- Liaising with architects and main contractors.
- Working to an estimate and project specification.
- Attending co-ordination meetings (internally and externally).
- Working to an agreed project programme.
- Ensuring that work is detailed in accordance with agreed sub-contract specification & programme.
- Producing details with commercial consideration given to products used.
- Identifying variations to contract during the design process.
- Issuing requests for information as and when required.
- Maintaining a register of drawings issued, including date issued and current revision of IRS form (in conjunction with the Document Controller).
- Ensuring compliance with the CDM regulations.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- Assisting with the preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Complying with all Company policies including Health & Safety and Environmental /Sustainability Policies.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of company and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Complying with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- Complying with all Design Department procedures.
Training & Development:
- Product training courses as necessary, including curtain walling, windows, doors and rainscreens.
- Attending any other internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Building Regulations.
- Design software packages as necessary to carry out duties.
- Relevant NVQ/HND or Degree.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Experience within the curtain wall and façade industry.
- Ideally experience of the Schueco curtain wall and window system.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to research and develop products.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Time management skills.