Leeds, West Yorkshire
Curtain Walling (Schuco Systems)
Back to Jobs
Purpose of job/basic function:
- You will have overall responsibility for managing the project team (design, procurement, manufacture, and installation).
- To deliver the project to an agreed programme and budget.
- To communicate and work with the clients and their representatives to deliver the project.
- To manage sub-contract work packages.
- To manage and control planning and legal duties to execute the project works.
- To deliver building regulation compliance.
- To manage health and safety.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing teams on the project under your control.
- Controlling and allocating sub-contract labour, plant and access requirements
- Managing Health and Safety on site; rigorously following safe systems of work and relevant procedures.
- Reporting to senior management cost control.
- Leading/chairing meetings.
- Procurement of sub-contract packages up to the specified value in conjunction with QS.
- Close coordination/communication with Main Contractor, Architect, Client, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers, and Head Office, including assisting Production Department in dealing with suppliers if necessary.
- Agreeing monthly fixing sub contractors’ applications; ensuring correct documentation is in place and in line with budget/order.
- Agreeing and finalizing sub-contract/supplier accounts in conjunction with QS.
- Strict control of Day worksheets and authorisation of sub-contractor’s sheets/invoices.
- Implementation of the fields view.
- Updating the ASTA system for the project.
- Achieve a high standard of quality and workmanship whilst managing own workload and areas of responsibility.
- Contractual administration and correspondence – accurate and detailed site records in place/ completed, ensuring that the O&M files are completed in line with contract requirements.
- Accurate and up to date daily/weekly site records, ensuring all Quality and H&S control documents are completed including Method Statements (any deviation from the company's main Health and Safety Plan must be covered by a ‘task specific’ Method Statement).
- Continual review of methods of work, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability.
- Maintaining effective and long-term relationships with clients including provision of aftercare services.
- Risk Assessments to be prepared and complied with.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of the Company and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company's culture and values.
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems.
- To carry out PDRs as necessary.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply and ensure you and those under your control comply with all Company policies including Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the line manager.
Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Managing, supporting, and mentoring members of the team in their personal development.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Identifying training needs and development within the department.
- Appropriate professional qualification with experience and knowledge.
- Current SMSTS/CSCS essential.
- Façade experience including curtain walling, cladding, and windows and doors.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering successful projects with values of £6m and above.
- Strong client interface.
- Highly presentable with the ability to gain trust and respect.
- High degree of initiative.
- Good knowledge of Design is desirable.
- High level of leadership and management skills.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.