Main Purpose of the job:
To liaise closely with Contract Managers and Site Operatives to ensure each project runs smoothly on a daily - weekly basis.
You will be based in the field, covering and visiting all sites as necessary for your role. You will be responsible for completing all site-related paperwork for recording and monitoring purposes, including encouraging site Foreman to complete their paperwork and ensure any site-related issues are dealt with promptly.
The post holder will:
1. Attend site either with or without Contract Manager upon initial
commencement of works on individual projects.
2. Attend weekly, or as required, site progress meetings with clients/main
3. Manage, plan, organise and supervise the delivery of the project in
accordance with the company contracts management operating manual.
4. Internally plan a project with Contract Managers to highlight the most efficient
working systems and methods, and then implement those methods on
5. Be responsible for managing and motivating site Foremen/operatives.
6. Communicating with the clients, or Main Contractors representatives to
ensure the smooth running of projects and the coordination of all activities
7. Monitoring the coordination on-site to ensure that the maximum efficiency
is afforded to labour and plant and reporting back to the Contracts manager
and other department, where such efficiency is impeded.
8. Ensuring projects are built to specification, to excellent quality standards,
delivered on time and within budget, completing all quality documentation.
9. Ensure that the sub-contractors progress claims are relevant to monies
10. Ensure that any material requests are taken from the site foreman in good
time so as not to delay their requisition.
11. Ensure that all site records are up to date, including daily records, plant
and labour returns, health and safety files, and weekly progress report.
12. Reported directly to the Contract Manager responsible for the project. This
will ensure that the project is delivered on time and within any financial
13. Produced daily or weekly targets for each team of operatives to achieve.
14. Provide 2 and 4 weeks look ahead programmes for each project, noting
materials, fabrications, and labour that will be required.
15. Monitor, record, and action plans to maintain all controls of budget,
programme, safety, and quality.
16. Give appropriate and immediate solutions to construction problems that
17. Responsible for the management of direct labour, sub-contractors, co-
ordination with the Client and his representatives.
In addition to the above duties, all staff members are required to:
a) Undertake appropriate training and staff development as required
b) Adhere to all company’s policies and procedures, including Equality and
Diversity and Health and Safety.
c) Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in
confidence and not released to unauthorized persons.
d) Participate in the company’s Performance Review and Development Scheme.
e) Adhere to Company’s environmental policy and guidelines and undertake
tasks in a sustainable manner.