About the Company
Our client is a well-known leader in the food industry. They strive to help their people live the lives they want to live so they’ve created an environment where people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally! They offer competitive pay and benefits, holistic wellness offerings, and other innovative benefits. The company culture is one that inspires and supports people in and outside work.
About the Role
The Business Applications Team at our client is looking for a MES Developer to provide technical and functional subject matter expertise for the MES and related systems. This professional also maintains primary responsibility for the integrations between MES and other systems used in the production facilities. The position is located in Indianapolis, IN and will also be responsible for back up support of MES systems at another plant. Candidates close to Indianapolis are preferred. Others will need to relocate to the area to join and then work from home and visit the office as needed until safe to return full-time. Some relocation assistance is provided.
The position reports to the Manufacturing Systems Manager and will be responsible for ongoing development and support of MES and related systems including Wonderware, Connectelligence, AIM (Automated Ingredient Management), and ACS (AutoCoding). The candidate will work with Engineering, Production, Quality, IT, and consultants on projects from concept through implementation and provide ongoing support and training.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of MES development experience required.
- Experience in MES administration, configuration, and support.
- In depth understanding of MES applications and database design.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with MES development, processes, and best practices.
- Proven experience using Microsoft SQL to develop solutions and reports.
- Experience with SDLC and project implementation methodologies.
- Experience with Wonderware System Platform a plus. Experience with similar applications will be considered.
- .NET development experience a plus.
- Ability to provide project leadership to implement enhancements and new functionality from analysis/design through testing, training, and go live support.
- Experience with project leadership responsibilities, including implementation methodology and change control processes and documentation.
- Experience working with data historian systems required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio required.
- Ingredient management systems and autocoding solutions experience a plus.
- Experience with Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Food and Beverage environments a plus.
- Solid analytical skills with aptitude to translate business requirements to technical solutions.
- Ability to quickly determine the source of a problem and implement a fix.
- Good sense of humor!
- Local or willing to relocate to the Indianapolis area upon hire. Willing to travel to a secondary location when needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without any form of sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Wonderware training or certification a plus.
Provided to you
- An environment where we all can grow and succeed both personally and professionally through creating a company culture that inspires and supports our people inside and outside of work.
- Comprehensive benefits, annual incentive plans, & company matching on 401k contributions.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid volunteer opportunities.
- A paid sabbatical program