Data Analyst, SQL, PowerBI, Remote but flexible - Outside of IR35
Assists in the interrogation, analysis, and cleansing of the companies' source data systems. Prepares data for migration in to key systems and aids in the creation of golden records crossing multiple systems for BI reporting. Interacts with various stakeholders to ensure the data is accurate and kept up-to-date.
This role is remote based but the ideal candidate will need to be flexible to attend occasional workshops in the Birmingham area.
- Perform a root-and-branch review of the data landscape to identify key areas of concern around data quality in the business.
- Performs analysis of various datasets to identify the scale of data quality issues.
- Assists the BI Architect with a plan to correct the data, using automation where possible, and liaises with application subject matter experts in how cleansed data may be migrated into source systems.
- Prepares golden record datasets for consumption by BI and CRM systems.
- Aids the Business Analyst in documenting operational and technical processes for maintaining good data quality for the long term.
- Able to write simple SQL queries to interrogate source data.
- Can create simple Power BI dashboards to allow for reporting on the current data quality condition across the business.
- Able to manipulate Excel spreadsheets to analyse data scale & issues (PowerPivot, PowerQuery)
- Rigorously tests outputs of cleansing exercises by running through agreed checklists.
- Comfortable working in both Agile and Waterfall setups.
- Previous experience working in a data analyst role.
If you are an experienced Data Analyst with strong PowerBI, SQL and Excel, then please send your CV to Gary Wills in the first instance.
Talent Today Ltd are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this position