£50-60,000 (depending on skills and experience)
(Please note: You must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship)
Based 2 days a week at its HQ in London and 3 days from home, Orbitions client are the country’s most successful, commercial, media and publications company in the UK and Ireland.
With it’s national, regional & online brands reaching a staggering and incredible 47.9 MILLION people every month!
The companies core purpose and values surround being able to utilise it brand to serve communities by creating prominent champions, campaigners and changemakers through its services.
Due to an incredible period of growth and development the company are looking to expand and grow its Data and Analytics function and invite 3 QA Engineers to join a fast growing and dynamic team. Embed in a development team and collaborating with other QA Engineers.
You’ll have experience carrying out manual & automated testing using a variety of tools, experience working as an advocate for quality and have experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Working with an established development team on business critical, customer facing technologies.
- Responsible for carrying out manual testing for all new features developed by the team as well as developing automated tests to serve as regression tests going forwards.
- An advocate for quality in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and be involved in defining the acceptance criteria for new features and responsible for ensuring features built adhere to that criteria.
- Responsible for prioritising and managing your own workload, and will be expected to share their work progress and feedback with others.
The Ideal Candidate
- Customer centric with a focus on deepening customer loyalty.
- An expert at identifying ways to improve the customer experience.
- A fan of data and a believer in the opportunities it can unlock.
- A confident and articulate communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration within an organisation and between teams.
- Confident at managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- A self-starter with a can-do, will-do attitude.
- We are looking for people who are inquisitive, proactive and keen to be challenged, care deeply about the code they test and are able to bridge the gap between the technical and the business areas of the company effectively. We want people who look farther than the technical aspects of the work and care deeply about the human aspect of our products.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience carrying out manual & automated testing using a variety of tools, experience working as an advocate for quality and have experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Have ISTQB/ISEB Foundation certifications or equivalent certifications as a minimum and be comfortable discussing technical aspects of projects with other testers, developers & business owners.
- Understands the Software development lifecycle and the need for manual testing.
- A strong background in manual and automated test techniques.
- Experience using automation tools such as Cypress, Mocha/Jest, Nightwatch.
- Experience working with and testing REST APIs.
- Understands where & when automation testing fits into an SDLC specifically Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- A strong background in writing automated functional and integration tests in Node.js.
- Can-do, positive attitude, proactive approach to problem solving.
- Persistent and committed attitude to ship great products, testing features effectively, communicating, listening and iterating from there.
- The following are considered desirable skills to have: Version control (ideally GIT), cloud technologies, test management tools, knowledge of Rest API technologies, JIRA
Salary up to £50-60,000 (depending on experience) and benefits including;
- Hybrid working 2 days in London & 3 Days working remotely
- 25 days holiday
- Healthcare & Dental
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Extensive high street discounts