Julie Rose Recruitment are looking for an Asbestos Assessor/Contract Manager whose main responsibility is to assess the asbestos removal works to enable fully priced quotations to be prepared plus to oversee the projects from the start through to completion.
Duties of the Assessor/Contract Manager
- Attending sites to complete various asbestos removals surveys and R&D surveys.
- Undertaking re-inspections and updating asbestos registers and management plans.
- Introduce the projects to the supervisors, implement and maintain record keeping, arrange plant allocation, air monitoring, operative training needs and liaison with clients and tenants.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with documented procedures and comply with the ISO Quality Management System. Writing of technical asbestos survey reports.
- Being responsible for individual clients and ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget.
- Ensure works are completed within budget, safely and on time, liaising with employees, clients and contractors.
- Updating the Asbestos Director on the project on a regular basis.
- Review, check and sign off plans of work and Risk / COSHH Assessments
- The Contracts Manager will be required to visit sites (in conjunction with the internal auditor) should unforeseen safety issues arise, using their experience to assist the Supervisor in overcoming the problems in a safe manner.
- Dealing with Compliance or Health & Safety Issues on site and report back to the Senior Contracts Manager and Directors with their findings, conclusions and pro-active responses.
- Visiting allocated clients monthly, update the Directors on each project, arrange regular contract meetings and attend with the relevant Operations Administrator who will note the meeting and issue to all.
- Provide financial feedback on a monthly basis.
Specification for the Assessor/Contract Manager
- Relevant qualifications, knowledge of asbestos removals processes and ability to detect and/or interrogate areas to establish full extent of works and presence of asbestos.
- Strong H&S awareness.
- The Assessor must have up to date knowledge and experience to enable accurate reporting to adhere to current legislation and removal requirements.
- Ideally you will have the relevant site experience and qualifications, combined with a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as adequate management skills.
- Communication with all parties is key to the role.
- The Assessor must have safety at the forefront of their mind.
- Experienced with MS Office, in particular, Word, Excel and outlook.
- Management of small team of assessors, holding monthly meetings
This is a great opportunity for someone who has the experience of assessing asbestos removal who wants to also manage projects from start to finish and progress their career within this growing, family run company.