The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is primarily responsible for inbound lead management, proactive outbound research, and prospecting. This position will have a direct impact on by driving qualified prospects from lead status into the sales pipeline and nurturing through the early opportunity stages of the sales process.
This role will act as a vital layer between marketing and sales - handling all first contact with new prospective clients and building initial relationships. These new contacts are derived from marketing and sales focused activities, events, campaigns, direct mail, email, etc.
The ISR will follow through the complete conversion process from qualified leads to sales opportunities. This role will not be responsible for closing sales but rather setting up opportunities. The success of this role will be measured on the conversion of qualified leads to qualified opportunities through to successful Sales.
- First point of contact for all inbound leads and outbound marketing and ISR generated enquiries to include full opportunity qualification and decision on internal ownership and next steps.
- Generate appointments by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management to qualify and market company solutions and programs to potential partners and customers.
- Work directly with the GMs, RSM’s, CSMs, and Regional Marketing to execute marketing campaigns and sales.
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments.
- Log, track and maintain customer contact and contact records in Salesforce.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Managers and participate in customer meetings as required.
- Attend sales meetings to discuss results, forecast, and marketing and sales activities.
- Optimize lead follow-up for best results using sales engagement tools e.g., Outreach
Core Skills & Experience:
- B2B sales experience in the SaaS space.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization – externally and internally.
- Strong in-person, phone, presentation and written customer communication skills.
- Understanding of workflow systems and their application to customer business process improvement.
- Ability to make formal and informal presentations to staff and clients.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or evolving business goals.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications; knowledge of Marketing Automation and CRM systems highly regarded.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self motivated.
- Experience with business-to-business commerce and/or Internet communication software lead generation.
- Achieve minimum # of Opportunities: Annual/Qtr/Month
- Contribution to Sales target according to region
- Achieve SRL to Opportunity Conversion
- Record minimum agreed touch points for inbound and outbound activities
- Conduct Research to enhance quality of Leads and/or
- Inbound Leads– Research company data, contact details, industry intelligence, etc
- Outbound support to quantify Marketing activities for Net
New & Growth e.g. Drive event attendance, Partners, etc
- Outbound ISR activities Net New & Growth– Research: LinkedIn, Outreach, Omorfi, work with marketing team to run own events, etc