To be successful, you will have experience in designing and building Microservices architectures for cloud and on premises, with a hands-on development and / or implementation background preferred. You will be familiar with most modern back-end technologies and will be proficient in designing architectures around them, considering functional and non-functional requirements.
As an experienced and highly technical architect, you will have a track record (and will ideally be able to reference) your solution architecture skills and will be familiar with driving Architectural method in a Agile Development organisation.
Desired Experience / Qualifications
In order to succeed in this role, you should have experience with most of the following:
- Design and development / implementation of distributed applications
- Strong knowledge and experience of RDBMS (MSSQL preferred), NoSQL technologies and distributed high performance and cloud-based data systems
- Containerisation and orchestration, eg Docker, Kubernetes and related cloud services
- Design patterns for multi-tenant cloud applications
- Conceptual and physical data architectures
- Producing high level blueprints, reference architectures.
- Designing and optimising for security, performance and scale (especially backend systems) – for example; minimising data in transit, selecting low-overhead communication protocols to ensure high performance
- Deep knowledge of at least one cloud platform (AWS or Azure preferred), ideally to certified level
- Strong written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Data Warehousing, ETL / Data Processing.
- Designing analytics and machine learning solutions or applications
- Agile development practices
- Knowledge of RPA or other Automation platforms