Company – Leading construction equipment supplier
Location – Manchester
Job Title – Depot Manager
Salary –£40k + bonus + car / allowance
Our client, a leading group that provides a range of services to the construction sector is seeking a pro-active Depot Manager to head up their depot in Manchester. As Depot Manager you will have full responsibility for the operations of the depot and will report directly to the Regional Manager on all matters.
- Operational management of all aspects of the depot operations including the hire desk, stock management, transport, profit and loss and ensuring the hire fleet is well maintained.
- Ensuring customer enquiries and orders are sourced, fulfilled, and provided by the Depot to the highest standard.
- Work hand in hand with the sales team to support the growth of existing business and establishing new areas of business.
- Ensuring all administration standards are met.
- Improve efficiencies and procedures where possible.
- Responsibility for effective implementation of the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management procedures within the depot.
- Development of staff and infrastructure resources.
- Experience as a Depot Manager within the construction/hire industry is essential.
- A strong manager of people, as it will be your responsibility to supervise a large team of Hire controllers, Engineers, Drivers and any sub-contracted employees.
- Sound commercial awareness and judgement.
- Ability to prioritise according to the demands of a busy depot.
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent is desirable.
- HND in Construction or equivalent is desirable.