£40000 - £50000 per annum
Systems Accountant - Chester - Up to £50k
My client is a leader in their field and need an experienced systems accountant
This role will report directly into the Finance Change Manager and will be responsible for the initial technical and accounting integration of any acquisitions or developments.
- Support the Finance team to provide the best experience to clients
- Minimise disruption throughout the acquisition and integration process.
- Work with the data and platform development team in relation to the acquisitions
- Work with the data and platform development team to drive improvements and efficiencies in the current systems and processes
- Provide support with integrating the acquisition and review processes
- Provide data as per audit requests and to other external stakeholders
- Provide support to finance team and other departments with ad-hoc requests
- Working with external advisors to complete any initial accounting and legal requirements
- Liaise with colleagues around the business on systems development required for integrations.
- Liaise with colleagues in Finance on systems developments required by the business
- Taking ownership of the Financial queries regarding the internal booking system and resolving any technical issues.
- Working with the existing M&A team to integrate the accounting systems of new business segments into the back-office software through specifying, developing and testing any new system developments that are required.
- Assist in improving processes across the company to increase efficiency
- Working with the existing team to support projects and other aspects of financial reporting.
- Accounting qualification or training for qualification e.g., ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Excel to an intermediate (or higher) standard.
- Various accounting packages such as Sage 50, Sage 200, Xero.
- Managed integration of two different accounting systems
- Knowledge of IFRS, group accounting and commercial finance.