RF Design Engineer - SATCOM or Cellular - Design, analysis and development of RF systems and sub-systems for Satellite Communications products.
Working towards becoming the technical Lead RF Design Engineer within a small hardware team. Working on new product developments and maintaining legacy designs.
Work with suppliers, contract manufacturers, CAD and software resources to develop and deliver high performance products.
Contribute to the technology roadmap for growing RF capability for new airspace and UAS/UAV satellite communication
YOU MUST HAVE
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline or 10 years of experience in RF design
• At least 5-years’ experience as a RF design engineer in either the Cellular or SATCOM sector
• Technical background in the design of RF signal chains (transmitters, receivers) and frequency synthesis.
• Knowledge of software defined radio architectures.
• Ability to translate high level requirements into circuit board level requirements.
• Experience of mixed signal board designs, SMD and practical soldering skills.
• Ability to develop software scripts in order to automate design verification testing. Ability to analyse and manipulate data in excel.
• Experience in working with electronics schematic capture and layout packages (particularly Mentor) with multilayer PCBs.
• Experience of digital hardware and power supply design.
• Experience of Antenna design.
• Experience of Microwave Office.
• Ability to work efficiently in cooperation with a multidisciplinary project team.
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done