Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical), Clean environment - Medical Device sector. Continuous running of equipment and machinery in industrial settings. Using computerised PLC systems, youll oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs.
Youll also be involved with control and monitoring devices and ocasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
Your role is vital to the efficiency, development and progress of manufacturing and processing industries. Working with other professionals, youll improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns, and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel, and production processes.
As a maintenance engineer, youll need to:
• Design Maintenance Strategies, procedures, and methods
• Complete routine Maintenance Engineerong work and respond to equipment faults.
• Diagnose breakdown problems.
• Ensure equipment is working correctly.
• QI inspection on Mechanical Machinery
• Liaise with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues.
• Specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings, or components.
• Emergencies breakdowns, unplanned problems, and repairs
• Improve health and safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
Maintenance Engineering via structured training : HNC/C&G/NVQ3
Youll need to show:
• The capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures.
• Business skills, excellent communicator for verbal and written, you will be responsible for liaising with suppliers.
• Ability to lead and motivate others.
• Teamworking skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels.
• Negotiate with and persuade others.
• Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
• People-management and influencing skills.