Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England
£38k - 40k per year Bonus, Pension, Training, Career Progression
Fabulous career opportunity - Maintenance Engineer for Production / Process plant produciing Medical Device for the Healthcare industry. Required to undertake maintenance/repair of, plant, laboratory and processing equipment, along with maintaining full documentation of all planned/unplanned maintenance/calibration activity.
Maintenance Engineers will be expected to complete standard work activities associated with safety-critical devices required for the management of Major Accident Hazards. Full training will be provided and ongoing courses to ensure you are up to date with latest releases.
- Conduct routine maintenance work to an agreed schedule and GMP documentation standards
- Respond to plant breakdown, completing all relevant documentation.
- Maintains, implements and develops the planned preventative maintenance programme with the aim of minimizing downtime and optimizing plant performance.
- Participates in daily maintenance workload and PPM activities.
- Schedules and completes calibration checks on process and test equipment using certified reference standards, and maintains comprehensive calibration documentation.
- In line with call out rota, is on standby to respond to call outs in relation to process issues
- Performs investigations to find route cause (using appropriate tools) of failures and documents them to GMP documentation standards.
- To ensure Lean principles are maintained and continually reviewed/improved within the maintenance/plantroom areas.
- To drive and monitor 5’s standards within the maintenance/plantroom areas.
- To actively participate in Lean initiatives where required.
- To maintain the SQDC board and participate in the morning PIT meetings.
- Support KAIZEN events as required.
The role is seeking a more Mechanical biased Maintenance Engineer with the desire to learn or develop areas of PLC programming and Electrical aspects of the site. A proactive approach in striving to improve the current process by updating and leading current and new projects.
This is a great opportunity for a Hands on apprentice qualified or HND or higher education in Mechanical / Plant maintenance.