What You Will Be Doing
- Researching and communicating strategies to key decision-makers in grocery and retail organizations
- Uncovering business issues that we can solve that the retailer may or may not realize they are experiencing, by evaluating financial and annual reports, and thoughtfully pursuing upper-level management within the organization to present a compelling business case
- Mapping the identified issues to business solutions to create enough value for the prospective retailer to agree to bring in an account executive
- Effectively articulating the root cause(s) of the business issue, and connecting those issues to results we can bring, while diving deeper into the business improvements we enable to drive results to the bottom line
- Working closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to develop pipeline and help progress all prospective meetings further along in the sales cycle
- Pursuing accounts via creative social media, email, and phone campaigns.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Leveraging social media, webinars, and other selling tools to build credibility and awareness
- Attending and supporting the sales team at retail, technology, and grocery events to grow pipeline and generate business interest
What You Bring To The Table
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good relationships with key contacts at the prospect, customer, and partner organizations.
- Active listener, with a compelling personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
- An action-oriented, "can do" attitude with an ability to gain access into complex organizations and engage with key decision-makers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding work ethic -- self-motivated and focused
- “Thick skin” for the sales environment
- Eagerness to progress your career in a customer-facing role in sales, marketing, or other areas of the business
- Well-developed communication, problem-solving, diplomacy, and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
What You’ll Get In Return
- The opportunity to wear many hats, gain versatile skills, and be part of a high-energy, high-impact sales and marketing team
- The freedom to pave your career path and accelerate your growth in an organization that is flat and nimble
- Foundational training to succeed and advance in this role and beyond, with additional training provided as you progress in your career.
- A hands-on and immersive introduction to B2B technology marketing and sales to further your path to an exciting career in the technology industry
- Proficiency in Salesforce, social media, and other professional tools
- Constant interaction with and exposure to the market trends and companies that are leading the adoption of digital commerce
- A competitive salary, with a hybrid work policy to encourage a good work-life balance
- Working within a modern and edgy office, offering access to all local amenities, bars, and perfect lunch spots