Does your data expertise give you the confidence to lead a business into becoming true Data Driven organisation?
We are hiring for a Charismatic and engaging stakeholder manager to grow this business Data function into a world class, value adding, team where you will play an integral part to their strong growth plans over the next 1-5 years,
Here you will find a home, one in which you will be highly valued and be given the autonomy (and budget) to create something truly special and proud of.
They are looking for someone who is passionate about data, able to weave together traditional and emerging technologies by applying innovative ideas to deliver business priorities for data, whilst strengthening our internal knowledge, skills, and capability.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the data strategy to make reporting, analysis, and insight accessible across the business.
Scope of role (The functions, people and revenue responsibility)
Direct Reports: Senior Data Engineer x 1, Senior Data Analyst x 1 with headcount budget to hire talent into the business as you see fit given your leadership role.
What you will be doing
- Work directly with senior leadership, cross-functional, and business partner teams to define MI, data, insights, and visualisation solutions, providing expert guidance on best practice and pragmatic value-led outcomes (including self-service).
- Define and develop a group-wide contemporary, loosely coupled data architecture in partnership with the technology teams and subject matter experts, working to integrate siloed areas of the business.
- Lead the development of data management, data governance and data integration standards cooperating with technology teams and others to roll these out.
- Partner in the development and maintenance of the Business Data Model which documents master and reference data attributes.
- Support other data related projects, providing expertise and practical assistance when required.
The key point here is they are looking to hire someone with a motivational approach to management and accept responsibility for an element of “hands on” working when required.
What success in the role looks like
- Orchestrate and implement a clear data strategy that assures the successful delivery of valuable data outcomes that build a data-informed culture across the business.
- Create an efficient data architecture that aligns with business and data requirements.
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across disciplines
- Work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines through responsive and agile delivery approaches that focus on stakeholder need
- Implement effective data governance and security standards that empower and champion a data informed culture across the business
What you need to have already done to be right for this role
- Strong background leading data functions and experience in delivering value-led data outcomes to end users, including adoption of self-service and data democratisation
- Knowledge and significant experience in formulating, planning, and delivering contemporary data architecture and its alignment with business strategy and data needs
- Proven experience of data integration and management tools such as Azure Data Factory, Fivetran, SnapLogic, Alteryx and reporting and visualisation tools including Power BI, Looker
- Experience of team development and training, having built the right talent to deliver desired business outcomes, with skill in coaching and mentoring team members by providing techniques that improve their effectiveness.
- Practice in working closely with stakeholders from discovery to implementation of data outcomes, managing their expectations while seeking continuous improvement in stakeholder satisfaction and increasing data literacy
- Data warehousing expertise, data lakes, data fabric and data mesh and the suitability of each
- Experience around data governance would be very desirable.
Other key skills required for this role
- Involvement in delivery of a successful data transformation in a previous role
- Demonstrable understanding of data engineering, data analysis and/or data science and experience in at least one of these
- Competency in SQL, Python or other data related code.
- Experience in the Microsoft Azure suite preferred.
If you would like to find out more about this Head of Data role, please call me on 07500795368 or send me your CV via the apply button and I will give you a call to discuss.