My client is looking for a Kitchen Porter to join their growing team at this award-winning Gastropub. Your main responsibility is to clean the kitchen and support our cooking staff. This is an entry-level job but if you’re good at it, you’ll be invaluable in making sure the kitchen is always sanitized and tidy and you will have genuine progression opportunities within the business.
Kitchen Porter responsibilities include washing pots and pans, keeping floors clean, sanitizing food preparation areas and occasionally helping with food prep work. If you think you’ll enjoy the buzz of a busy kitchen, I'd like to chat to you.
Ultimately, you’ll help our kitchen adhere to health standards and service customers faster. You will be working around 45 hours a week with 5 days on and 2 days off, paid hourly.
• Keep all kitchen work surfaces (counters, sinks, stoves, walls) clean and sanitized
• Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and end of shifts
• Be ready to clean up spills to avoid hindering operations
• Wash cookware, utensils and cutlery fast to keep them in rotation
• Arrange equipment and ingredient deliveries
• Keep the food and supply storage areas organized
• Help with routine food prep tasks (such as peeling and chopping vegetables) when needed
• A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
• The ability to stand for the majority of your shift
• Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
• Good organizational skills
• The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
• Patience and cool-headedness
In Return, you will be offered:
• Basic salary of £10 - £11 per hour, paid hourly (around £22,000 per year)
• Tips on top
• Meals on duty
• Progression opportunities
If you're looking for an entry to a career in Hospitality or a full-time job where you will be valued and offered progression then APPLY NOW!