£300-£350 per day Per hour
Taxation, Statutory Accounting, Financial Controlling
Commercial UK Financial Controller - 9 month contract - £300-350 per day
Want to Contract for One of the World's Best Known Brands?
Rare Opportunity … Make Your Mark… Contracting for One of the World's Best Known Brands there is an opportunity to join their UK team in the role of UK Financial Controller (FC) based at their prestigious European Headquarters in Bracknell, Berkshire. Your key responsibility as UK FC is full ownership and financial responsibility for two of their UK divisions (Turnover in excess of £100m) and to provide financial support and long-term planning to the commercial and operational teams. The role will look to drive change and improvements within the respective teams, through effective business partnering and supporting decision making in order to make a difference.
Main Responsibilities of the UK FC include:
1. Business Partnering
- Creating the bridge between Finance and the business to support them in all financial and commercial queries and decisions.
- Supporting both the businesses with operational and strategic decisions and understanding the financial impact of these. These decisions will include sales planning, promotional campaign planning, pricing, profitability analysis and Overhead activity.
- Carry out ad-hoc reporting and analysis using statistical and financial information when required.
2. Responsible for month-end actuals reporting, plus the budgeting and planning process for the UK submission
- Full ownership for delivering accurate monthly P&Ls for submission to the parent company, analysing variances against budget.
- Gross margin analysis.
- Support the cost centre managers with variance analysis and technical guidance.
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly budgets and longer-term plans:
- Create and own the plan for the completion of the budget.
- Provide commercial input into budgeting strategies and initiatives.
- Review for reasonableness and challenge the business where appropriate.
- Responsible for accurate submission of approved budgets to The Parent Company.
- Key contributor towards the development of financial reporting within the businesses.
- Work closely with the Accounting team and Business Planning to explain all variances and to represent to the Business.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and investigations proactively when required on all finance related queries.
- Drive accountability for and monitor progress towards achievement of targets and regular meetings with the business.
- Review of reconciliations performed by the SSC and completion of reconciliations for review by the Head of Finance.
- Present monthly P&Ls to UK Senior Management, explaining all variances to budget and highlighting risks and opportunities.
3. Drive best practice, efficiencies, change and strategy
- Play an active role in driving best practice within the finance function including the use and further adoption of Hyperion Planning
- Build relationships between The Business and the SSC, taking responsibility for continual improvement, efficiency saving and standardisation.
The successful UK FC will be a Qualified Accountant with good Business Partnering, Commercial Analysis and system skills and in return will receive a Daily Rate of £300-£350 per day (Inside IR35). The contract is expected to last 9 months.