Contract - European Group Treasury Department Manager - 12 months - Bracknell - £450-600 per day
The European Group Treasury Department Manager is a key role within this global brand. At it's core, the Group Treasury Department is responsible for ensuring that inherent funding, foreign currency risks and other financial risks within the European group are managed efficiently and effectively by developing effective assessment practices and maintaining policies to manage and mitigate those risks. In addition, the department provides a value-added service to its internal customers and stakeholders: promoting clear central communications and compliance across the region.
The role will work closely with all European entity controllers, the Finance & Procurement centre and the systems teams to ensure smooth processes and workflows.
- To proactively manage the company’s treasury affairs in line with European and HQ strategy.
- To develop and maintain effective Treasury policies and practices within the European Group.
- To ensure there is an effective, cost-efficient, mechanism in place to monitor and report treasury activity and cash flow in all European entities.
- To develop and maintain a central knowledge and expertise of European treasury matters affecting the UK company.
- Supervision and support of day to day regional cash and liquidity management (>£1bn European funding requirement) including cash flow forecasting.
- Provide input to the Group’s external reporting and audit including treasury related disclosures and reporting ongoing concerns.
- Lead and develop one direct report
- Indirect supervision of Treasury and Cash Management service provided by the Finance & Procurement centre.
- Provide Treasury related advice to the Board and/or project teams in respect of projects, transactions etc.
- Drive forward continuous improvement of systems and processes to ensure secure, timely and cost-effective transaction and reporting management for treasury activities.
- Maintain good relationships with banks, other funders, auditors etc.
- Promote the profile of treasury internally to / externally of the Group.
- Work closely with personnel across Europe, HQ and other parts of the global organisation.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experienced treasury practitioner with vast experience of international treasury gained from working within an international group.
- Proven track record for cross border treasury planning and international treasury projects.
- Significant experience in negotiating successfully with banks and other funders.
- Good knowledge of associated technical areas such as taxation, accounting and audit.
- Extensive experience of dealing with international treasury matters
- Experience of European treasury and awareness of main features of local regimes.
- Capable of balancing differing priorities to meet deadlines.
- SAP/Business Objects Financial Consolidation/Hyperion planning & HFM experience are highly desirable.