An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Pre-Construction Manager to join the Refurbishment department in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor at their head office in Warwickshire.
Our client is a family run business specialising in the design, manufacture, and installation of building envelopes and facades. We are one of the most respected specialst contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Their success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
You will be responsible for supporting the team to deliver profitable, de-risked successful bids on time and to the highest quality whilst maintaining external relationships.
- Attend client meetings and visit key clients to ensure/secure long-term relationships for the company.
- Act as the key focal point during the tender processes to internal colleagues and external bodies including the client and suppliers.
- Work in conjunction with the Estimating team to develop competitive costings for tenders.
- Develop strategies to understand client needs whilst developing a strong relationship with them.
- Estimating and material take offs when required.
- Assess the risk in projects and mitigate the risk/solutions through early communication with Planning, Building Control, Design and/or tendering process. Additionally, identify residual risk in new orders at internal ‘hand over’ meetings.
- Champion high levels of commitment to the installation of premium quality products.
- Ensure decisions taken are clearly communicated and that relevant individuals have clear guidance to enable successful outcomes.
- To liaise with the Estimating team for contract terms, documents, negotiating agreements, and amendments.
- Work closely with the Estimating, Pre-Construction, and Design teams to secure successful outcomes.
- Assist with technical product design and purchase (when required).
- Involvement in handover meetings.
- Oversee projects through to successful completion.
- Assisting at the pre-construction stage with the site team in setting up the site and notifying any relevant authorities.
- Ideally previous experience of pre-construction management role within an SME Main Contractor or similar role.
- Clear leadership skills.
- High degree of initiative.
- Strong negotiator.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Proven track record of interfacing with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and a collaborative team player.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit strong business acumen, skills, and maturity, and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A pro-active individual with the capability to influence decisions with clients, contractors, and architects.
- Ability to work autonomously and have the drive/character to succeed in all challenges the role brings.
- IT skills – be fully conversant with MS-Office software.