An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Façade Designer to join the team in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor.
Our client is able to offer design, manufacture, and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. They are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures, and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role based in Staffordshire.
You will be responsible for producing elevations, sections and details for the full façade projects from preliminary sketches to construction issue drawings.
- Produce high quality general arrangement drawings in most cost efficient way for Approval / Construction / As Built.
- Prepare fabrication drawings for bracketry and pressed metal in conjunction with location drawings.
- Produce Glass & Fixing schedules as and when requested.
- Liaise with architects and main contractors.
- Work to an estimate and project specification.
- Attend coordination meetings (internally and externally).
- Work to an agreed project programme.
- Ensure that work is detailed in accordance with the agreed sub-contract specification & programme.
- Produce details with commercial consideration given to products used.
- Maintain areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Identify variations to contract during the design process.
- Issue request for information as and when required.
- Maintain a register of drawings issued, including date issued and current revision of IRS form (in conjunction with the Document Controller).
- To ensure compliance with the CDM regulations.
- Seek and develop ongoing continuous improvement.
- Assist with the preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- To comply with all Company policies including the company’s Health & Safety and Environmental/ Sustainability Policies.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of the company and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply with all Design Department procedures.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Product training courses as necessary, including curtain walling, windows, doors, and rainscreens.
- Attending any other internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Building Regulations.
- Design software packages as necessary to carry out duties.