Invite Clients to record a Job Briefing Call, use the recording to engage clients and give them more of an insight into the role (password protect if necessary). Explain the need to be transparent with clients and push for a Retainer.
Add Photo's of the office space or any additional content within the jobs spec
A digital developer will work within a multidisciplinary team to provide software solutions for our customers and ensure the quality of this software through development, test, support and continuous improvement of the solution.
Responsible for engineering fit-for-purpose software for our customers Provide solid tests for code delivered Build and consume APIs Enhance the developer community by contributing ideas and developing good practices Sharing knowledge across the whole team and between teams Share and reuse open source code Work as a team to develop quality software Coach and support colleagues via pairing and feedback Actively maintain network of colleagues throughout organisation to aid collaboration Review and challenge processes to make them better Communicate clearly and accurately to stakeholders & clients
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to learn on the job
· Strong demonstrable skills in an OO language, ideally Java
· Degree or similar qualification for development skills
· Understanding of Agile methodology and ability to work in Agile environment
· Familiarity of source control systems, ideally Git
· Ability to work in a team and be a team player
· Ability to adapt and learn new skills quickly
· Familiarity with relational & non-relational databases ideally MongoDB
· Familiarity with UNIX environment, systems administration, scripting, etc.
· Prior experience in a Digital Agency or Professional software house
· Experience with other languages, tools or methodologies
· Experience of TDD, BDD, etc.
· Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
· Experience of UX, accessibility, user testing, etc.