Test Lead / Test Manager - Herefordshire or Hertfordshire - SC Cleared - Outside IR35
We are looking for an experienced Test Lead to assist with a project to deliver a multi-tenanted platform which will deliver secure services to multiple clients.
You will lead on the end-to-end testing of the platform and also the first onboarded tenant.
Due to the nature of the work, you will be required to have a minimum ‘SC’ security clearance. You will also be required to work onsite in either Herefordshire or Hertfordshire (you can pick which site)
As Test Lead you will be responsible for:
- Managing the full testing lifestyle.
- Collating/reviewing project testing requirements.
- Identifying and implementing testing automation opportunities.
- Reviewing and sign-off of testing artefacts.
- Management reporting on the testing programme.
- Leading client facing Test Strategy/Progress meetings.
- Providing leadership and guidance to members of the testing team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience as a Test Lead/Manager with experience within enterprise environments. This role will suit a technically aware, self-starter with excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
Travel to various locations in the UK may be involved.
Skills and Experience/Qualifications
- Manage the test strategy for the platform implementation, ensuring the test strategy is appropriate to the solution and client
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Account Managers to define and estimate the test phases across a project implementation.
- Own, and manage the overall test plan.
- Coordinate activities of the testing team members.
- Develop and execute manual and/or automated test scripts.
- Run the Testing Meetings to track, triage & prioritise defects.
- Provide timely test reports to the project managers.
- Generate test completion reports at the closure of each test phase for both internal and client audiences.
- Experience of infrastructure platform testing.
- Proven track record of completing test cycles to strict delivery timescales and budgets.
- Experienced in interfacing with customers towards effective management of customer expectations.
- Ability to lead and influence in a rapidly changing environment and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands, prioritise tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Happy to spend time on site in either Herefordshire or Hertfordshire full time.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
This is an initial 3 month contract with work to go on until March. The contract is outside IR35 and will pay circa £450 - £500 per day.