£40,000 - £45,000
Service Design, Service Transition, ITIL, Service Operations
My client is looking to hire a Service Architect to join their busy customer sales team. You will ensure that all customers recieve Service Design & Solutions that meet their requirements. The deliverables are produced in collaboration with Technical Sales Consultants and SME's. You'll be responsible for the design of Service Offerings and the Service Design and Implementation for customers. You'll be responsible for designing end-to-end service solutions in a large-scale environment covering IT Technology & Infrastructure using an ITIL Service Management framework. Part of the role is working on large scale outsourcing bid responses.
- ITIL foundation (essential)
- Higher ITIL certifications e.g. practitioner or intermediate (desirable)
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential.
Skills and Experience
- Understanding to ITIL expert level (ideally) of Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement processes.
- Extensive experience in designing end-2-end services, developing and implementing sustainable and scale-able service management processes and procedures from scratch
- Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in the definition of Service Designs in operational environments
- Customer focused with ability to identify and understand and deliver to the (internal and/or external) customer's needs
- Displays a high degree of knowledge relating to service management and ITSM toolsets
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the function through ensuring adherence to processes but also through review and improvement
- Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify service gaps and develop and implement solutions meeting the needs of the business
- Confident coaching other team members in areas of expertise
- Strong background in the Design of Managed Services and Enterprise solution technology and services
- Able to convey complex messages and concepts to a broad audience of non-technical and technical groups
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to be ‘hands on’ to get the job done.
- Initiative and pro-activity, matched by an ability to be a strong member of a team.
- Ability to interact with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to obtain and hold security clearance.
This is a permanent role, paying between £40,000 - £45,000 as a salary, plus a good bonus and benefits package. The role is based in Reading, but there would be time spent with customers across the UK. The role is commutable from Oxford, Maidenhead, Bracknell, Basingstoke and Farnborough.