A provider of robotics and automation systems are looking to appoint a highly motivated Project Manager to manage small multi-disciplined design and manufacturing teams working on solutions for technically complex applications.
Established over 25 years ago, the company design and supply automation to laboratory and advanced manufacturing industries across the world for a variety of big-name clients. The company believe automation is an enabling tool that can empower anyone and are striving to become a leading global technology provider for problems that can be addressed in this way.
The position of Project Manager is intrinsic to the overall success of the greater business and will contribute to the company’s market position in designing complex robotics and automation solutions on a global scale. The role will require you to manage all aspects of the project lifecycle, including programme, commercial and technical management. You will work closely with your team and clients to ensure that projects are delivered on time, in the most efficient and cost-effective way. Excellent technical, organisational, planning and time management skills are required in order to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality. You will have a proactive approach when it comes managing your own workload and that of others in your team.
The company are looking for someone who values innovation, quality and reliability and who is not afraid to push the boundaries of technology to ultimately to solve problems and deliver the best technical solution.
· Managing the full project lifecycle from order acceptance and project planning, through design, manufacture, testing and installation.
· Coordinating small multi-disciplined teams on technically challenging projects.
· Contributing to the design evolution and formal design process.
· Reviewing and approving technical documentation, working to our formal Quality Management System (QMS).
· Delivering a strong technical solution that meets Customer specifications and expectations. · Ensuring project programmes and profit targets are achieved.
· To build effective client relationships and respond quickly to client requirements.
· Qualified to HNC/Degree level - preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or relevant STEM or suitable apprenticeship or engineering experience.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing multi-disciplined project teams incorporating mechanical, electrical and software.
· Experience of Project Management including managing automation projects from concept design to client handover.
· Proven track history of delivering multiple projects, with values up to £1M, on time, to specification and to budget.
· Experience of delivering technically challenging projects into laboratory and/or advanced manufacturing applications.
· Exceptional communication skills, strong client facing skills as well as excellent team management capabilities.
· Sound contract and commercial awareness, management of change and issue of contract variations.
· Excellent organisation and planning skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Willing to travel in UK, Europe and USA (minimal).
· Working to well documented QA processes
· Commercial appreciation
· IT literate, experienced user of Microsoft Office and Project.
· Development of technical documentation and specifications
· Experience of generating proposal cost estimates and Quotation documents.
· Knowledge of formal management methodologies.
In return for your skills and commitment, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, car allowance, pension and private medical cover. Flexible working will be considered, holidays begin at 25 days holiday per annum. The company is committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic work environment.
For further details, you can also contact Liz Neidhardt on 01625 912 260. Cressida Consulting Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.