A manufacturer of industrial and laboratory automation systems are looking to appoint a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis. Established for over 25 years, the company produce technically complex and innovative design solutions for a range of house-hold names.
Prospective Mechanical Design Engineers will typically come from an automation, robotics or special purpose machinery background. You will be used to working within a multidisciplined design team incorporating Project Managers, Mechanical Designers, Software Developers and Hardware Engineers. You will be responsible for producing design solutions and providing technical support during implementation, commissioning and testing of robotic applications. You will be someone who values innovation, quality and reliability and who is not afraid to push the boundaries of technology to solve problems and deliver the best solutions. You will be a team player, who enjoys collaborating and sharing ideas but is equally comfortable working autonomously and intuitively to get the work done.
- Working as part of a multidiscipline team to design, implement and test specialist robotic applications.
- Produce mechanical design drawings using Solidworks® CAD package.
- Regular communication with others involved in the design and development process.
- Adhere to design schedules and maintain agreed product attributes.
- Participate in design risk assessments to BS EN 12100-2010 and ensure designs meet regulatory guidelines and machinery safety legislation.
- Qualification: Minimum of HND/HNC in Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Several years’ experience in the detail design of machinery/laboratory equipment
- Ability to carry out simple calculations to support your design
- Some experience of Proof of concept/development work
- Understanding of machinery regulations and the health and safety aspects of machinery design.
- Knowledge of 3D cad design
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexible team worker
- Experience of working to well documented QA processes
- Knowledge/familiarity of pneumatics
- Knowledge of fluid handling systems involving flammable and hazardous solvents
- Knowledge of component handling systems
- Knowledge of servo motor and/or stepper motor driven mechanisms
- Knowledge of modular framework systems
- Knowledge/familiarity with 6 axis robots and tooling
- Several years’ experience of using Solidworks® CAD package
- Self motivating and able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Some experience of procurement and liaising with external suppliers.
- Willing to travel in UK, Europe and USA
In return for your skills and commitment, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, pension and private medical cover. The company is committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic work environment.
For further details, you can also contact Liz Neidhardt on 01625 912 260. Cressida Consulting Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.