We're looking for a talented Mechanical Design Manager to work for an advanced engineering and systems integrator near Warrington.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of managing a team of Mechanical Design Engineers, providing technical leadership and input from general concept through to final detail design.
Reporting to the Operations Director and based in the company's Cheshire office, as the Mechanical Design Manager you will be primarily responsible for innovative automation solutions for a range of customers within the industrial automation and life science / pharmaceutical sector.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Challenging and reviewing designs to ensure they provide the best technical solution while meeting customer specifications and expectations
- Maintaining up to date, expert knowledge of technical standards and regulations relating to the implementation of machinery and equipment in Europe, the us and row
- Performing, advising, and checking design calculations to support design activities
- Chairing design risk assessments to BS EN ISO 12100-2010 and ensuring designs meet the requirements of any relevant standards in accordance with the machinery directive
- Ensuring the design team, along with the support of Programme Managers, adhere to the published design schedules whilst maintaining the agreed product attributes
The ideal candidate for this Mechanical Design Manager role will have relevant experience of managing a team of Mechanical Design Engineers, providing technical leadership and input from general concept through to final detail design.
You'll also need experience of challenging and reviewing designs to ensure they provide the best technical solution while meeting customer specifications and expectations.
Plus, it's vital that you've got experience of the Mechanical Design and delivery of technically challenging projects for laboratory and/or advanced manufacturing applications (e.g. special purpose machinery, industrial automation).
In addition, you'll need the following:
- A degree preferably in mechanical engineering, professional status (e.g. C.Eng) or working toward
- Experience of proof of concept/development work including prototyping, 3d print techniques and product development lifecycles
- A strong track record in the delivery of technically challenging projects for laboratory and/or advanced manufacturing applications
- An understanding of machinery regulations and the health and safety aspects of machinery design
- Several years’ experience of using Solidworks and pdm
You'll need to be willing to travel in UK, Europe and USA.
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Design Manager, Mechanical Design Manager, Engineering Manager, Principal Design Engineer or as a Mechanical Manager.
Basic salary: circa £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Benefits: You'll also receive optional private healthcare with the role
They are a systems integrator providing advanced robotics and automation solutions to regulated industries such as pharmaceutical, consumer health, aerospace and advanced manufacturing. They believe automation is an enabling tool that can empower anyone and are striving to become a leading global technology provider for problems that can be addressed in this way. As a business they've been around since 1995.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Get to design complex solutions from concept to completion
- Offer unrivalled job satisfaction and are involved in hi-tech, cutting edge technology
- Are highly profitable
- Work with leading names within the life science and aerospace sectors
Interested? If you think you're right for this Mechanical Design Manager role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.