LV Recruitment are looking for a dynamic, passionate and ambitious Senior Structural Engineer to join a small but growing team based in Witney, Oxfordshire. This opportunity offers a flexible working approach but you would need to be in the office at least two days per week so living a commutable distance is essential.
The potential to grow and develop your career is huge and you will have the opportunity to join a team who have exciting projects on the horizon and are awards nominees.
- Leading structural design elements on projects as required, undertaking detailed engineering design of a wide variety of buildings.
- Represent the company at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Ensuring appropriate service/design decisions are met.
- Coordinating your work with other members of the project team.
- Attending site visits
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD/Revit in a Civil/Structural or related field and high level of IT proficiency.
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural engineering projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Chartered or Near Chartered engineer – ICE, IStructE most likely
- Strong academic, engineering degree qualified (or equivalent). Additional qualifications such as PhD, MSc, MEng or MA are welcomed but not essential.
- A desire to get involved in highly technical problem solving
- Knowledge of tools such as Sofistik, TEDDS, TSD or similar is beneficial
- Ability to sense check calculations and challenge solutions
- Experience of working with a range of structures e.g. bridges, buildings, highways, railways and materials e.g. concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Strong and relevant project experience
- Proven project management including project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Capable of operating as technical lead as well as a team member
- Experience representing to clients and working with a range of project stakeholders and contractors
- Experience of site investigations and supervision including desk study reports
- Be innovative and looking to use and further develop your technical delivery skills
- Good team management skills and on-the-job training of junior engineers
- Experience and understanding of quality, environmental and safety project requirements
- Proficient in use of MS office
The role requires someone who enjoys client interaction and being on site representing the team. It is an exciting time to be joining the team as they grow, and you will have the opportunity to be a pivotal part of their success.
My client offers flexibility and a competitive salary which is based on experience. You must have at least 3 years of experience to be considered for the role and the salary will be between £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on your level of experience.
LV Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from us within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills. By applying, you will register as a candidate with LV Recruitment