My client are leaders in the international transportation industry and are looking for an experienced Customs Brokerage Agent to join their team. They pride themselves on the development of their staff and offer an inclusive and supportive environment where you can see a clear career path to work towards.
·Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow.
- Ensure accurate and timely client billing.
- Understand all the elements of the import and export customs DLSOP
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into the operating system.
- Transpose customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration.
- Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority.
- Track and trace Customs files.
- Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions arising during the clearing process.
- Attend any customs inspections or present documents to customs authorities when such are requested.
- Act as the liaison between the customs authorities (or other government agencies and customers)
- Ensure timely customs clearance of cargo to customer for Import and Export shipments.
- Verify documents received for Import and Export customs purposes are compliant and correct.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain strong relationships with customs officers.
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations (eg. OEA) or customer policies / requirements.
- 6 months + of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of customs legislation, especially with regards to classification, valuation and origin.
- Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport documentation
- Knowledge of incoterms
- Excellent interpersonal skills
·Private Medical Insurance
·Stock purchase plan
·Increased annual leave with length of service
This role is based in Birmingham near Coleshill. The ideal core working hours are 9am-5pm but there are various shifts running over the 24-hour period so please contact me if you have other requirements. The Salary is dependent on skills & experience and ranges between £25,000 - £30,000.
LV Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from us within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills. By applying, you will register as a candidate with LV Recruitment