+ Bonus + Benefits & Package
Data Governance, Data Management, Data Quality, Frameworks, Policies
Senior Data Governance Manager
Are you looking for a juicy greenfield Data Governance project?
Well, a prestigious international law firm based out of London are on the lookout for somebody to come in and start from the ground upwards.
We have been retained for a second time to assist build out a world class Data function with the latest requirement being a Senior Data Governance Manager.
This is a real opportunity to showcase your experience for a firm that works on behalf of a number of large and interesting clients by helping to create the internal and external governance function.
- Contribute to the formation of a Global Data Strategy, through advice on the applicable regulatory and legislative frameworks and how they apply to our business
- Audit compliance with good data management in the business
- Manage the data queries which come into the R&C team
- Provide advice and assistance to the Firm in relation to conduct and regulatory matters
- Leading, communicating, and overseeing the implementation of strategic goals and objectives in relation to data management.
- Lead Data Governance Working Groups and Boards to communicate Data Sharing best practices,
- resolve issues and share lessons learned
- Take an active role in the delivery of culture change
- Help develop and maintain data governance standards, practices, processes, and technologies to
- support data lifecycle management
- Enable and oversee data flow mapping activity ensuring records are maintained
- Champion data governance practices across the business to increase the impact of data as a strategic business asset and in support of the Data Strategy
- Work with diverse teams across the business to up-skill people and embed good data governance practices into key processes
- Define and support the operationalization of related roles and responsibilities (Data Owners, Stewards, etc.) across the business
- Define, measure, and track the benefits of good data quality framework and best practices across the business
- Collaborating with the Head of Data Strategy, map Kennedy’s core systems and the information assets that are held in these systems, as well as the teams and processes that use them
- Identify and develop policies and standards that need to be put in place to ensure the role can be carried out effectively and efficiently
- Maintain the high standard of service offered to the Firm’s internal clients and assist in creating
- and developing the professional reputation of the department
- Understand and live by our values – approachable, straightforward, supportive and
- Be subject to varying degrees of supervision on a day-to-day basis
- Create and maintain professional and positive relationships with customers, clients, and other
- Work in line with the Firm’s Contribution Areas which are specific to your role and level
- Always maintain trust and confidentiality
- Act as a Trusted Advisor by building relationships across business services to ensure a consistent approach and service
- Undertake any specific training as and when required by the HR Department, supervisor, or Partners of the Firm
- Operate safely and considerately in the workplace.
- Guide technical teams across the business on methods for improving and embedding data quality management at the product management and development level through the entire data lifecycle and develop approaches for data quality improvement and the accuracy of data.