United Kingdom, Fully Remote
Up to £90,000
+ Bonus + Benefits & Package
Data Engineering, Data Platform, SQL, MySQL, AWS, Kafka
GREENFIELD – HEAD OF DATA ENGINEERING – UK (REMOTE)
Upon successfully concluding our retained assignment to secure a Head of Data & Analytics, for a recognised Telecommunications organisation, Orbition has now been retained to secure a Head of Data Engineering for a recognised Telecommunications organisation.
Having recently received a private equity injection with a £1 billion valuation and revenues of over £350m, this organisation is looking to identify a Head of Data Engineering, who will report to the newly appointed Head of Data & Analytics who boasts an impressive track record.
This is a greenfield environment with a huge appetite for Data & Analytics from the business which is being sponsored by the CEO & CFO, where you will be responsible for owning the entire Data & Analytics capability, end to end, including the formulation of the data strategy.
There is some existing capability (skill-sets) across the organisation which can be pulled into the centralised capability which makes up 8 individuals.
Snapshot of the current landscape/business opportunity:
- Significant opportunity to utilise data to drive sales, marketing, pricing and partner experience
- The business is data-rich but now need to industrialise extraction, integration and reporting
- High demand for ad hoc analysis to support business planning
- Today there is activity across the business – first centralise, then provide self-serve
- New capability is also needed to accelerate value opportunity in Data & Analytics
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Experience in building or leading data engineering team, or looking to make the step into that role
- Ability to own and drive data engineering projects, build the data platform and structures to support the use of customer data and business information across the group
- Determine and manage the engineering processes that ensure data integrity, timeliness and consistency for its users
- Ability to operate effectively as a senior manager in the business: influencing commercial decision making and managing high demand for data and analytics
- Recent experience of selecting and utilising the technology and tools to be adopted by the team
- Data architectural experience is a big plus
- Ability to self-manage and end to end design, document and establish data principles for the business.
- A chance to work in a true green field business where the candidate will be working on develop the true single version of truth for future analytics, data science and MI colleagues
- Being comfortable with change; able to transform stakeholder engagement into clear data truths
- Have a hand in writing the rule book on the data vision moving forwards
- AWS Athena (highly preferable)
- Kafka (highly preferable)
- C# (preferable)
- Dynamics (preferable)
Get in touch with Kyle Winterbottom for more details or hit apply below and we’ll be in touch.