- Basic salary: Up to $160,000 per annum
- Benefits include:
- 4-day work week
- Huge amounts of flexibility
- Opportunity to grow the department
- The standard working hours for this position are 32hrs per week (paid for 40hrs)
We're looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to work for our client.
Established in 2015, they are multidisciplinary consultancy providing geotechnical, structural and Civil Services throughout the Waikato and north island. Working with a vast array of clientele from multi million private projects through to huge governmental and local council pieces.
If you can demonstrate experience of managing a team of highly qualified engineers as well as mentoring a number of Junior Engineers who are eager to learn and grow then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
- Not only leading your department of highly skilled engineers but also project management and technical delivery across a wide range of geotechnical projects including but not limited to earthworks, foundation and retaining wall design, liquefaction analysis, assessment of compressible and collapsible soils. Your work and that of your team will include site characterisation, data analysis, modelling and interpretation, design and construction monitoring across a wide variety of projects
- Leading the department and communicating with other department heads to ensure projects are on track and budget
- Mentoring a number of staff to bring them through to CPEng
- Ensuring all reports and documentation is up to standard and signed off
- Experience of managing a team of highly qualified engineers as well as mentoring a number of Junior Engineers who are eager to learn and grow
- Further experience of running and overseeing projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and to the highest standards
- Current CPEng accreditation
- The ability to provide clarity and direction, resolving complex technical problems
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- A strong "team player" mentality - this consultancy are a tight knit bunch of people who enjoy working extremely hard but also knocking a bit of craic out of the work day
- Able to work autonomously whilst being a productive member of a team
- Plan, write and review technical reports and provide input into engineering design as well as signing off any work relevant to your sector / department
- To work with a range of clients from local authorities to private companies
Think that this Senior Geotechnical Engineer role is the perfect job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
NB – Due to current restrictions you will need to currently be based in NZ to apply for this role. Process are in place to ensure a smooth interview process under current lockdown regulations.