What’s on offer:
- Salary of up to £32,000 per annum (DOE)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free on site parking
- Part free uniform
- Eyecare scheme
- 20 days holiday plus bank
- Study support
Are you a HR Professional, bored with the usual Corporate rigour and want to make a real difference to the business you work for? My client, an expanding SME Logistics business, are looking for a personable and true HR Generalist to join their team on a permanent basis!
This role is all about support, guidance, analysis and being hands on. The business work hard to train and empower their managers to be able to handle a large amount of HR/ER related activities, such as absence monitoring, RTW interviews and disciplinary & grievances, so as a result you will generally only have to support / review rather than specifically lead these activities. You will be expected to review and analyse key HR data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement. The HR team is small (this will be the 3rd hire into the team) so it will give you great exposure to all aspects of HR, but this comes with a need for you to be willing to get involved and hands on with things like the admin. The average week will see around 60% of the workload being planned with the rest being reactive.
There are defined processes and procedures for most things, however this isn’t a particularly formal business, so the forms are kept to a minimum and a flexible / adaptable approach will certainly be needed to get the best results. All personnel files are digitised and they are in the process of implementing various online training courses, which is something you would get heavily involved in once you are up and running. This is a fast moving business, and as a result the turnaround for HR queries needs to move just as quickly, which is why most queries are resolved within 24 hours.
So, what would they like to see from you as far as experience goes? It would be great if you:
- Have previous experience working in the HR function of a fast moving, industrial type environment
- Were either a HR Administrator looking to make their first move into an Advisor role, or an experienced Generalist Advisor who is still okay doing their own admin
- Were CIPD qualified, or working toward, to level 3 or above (although this isn’t essential as tudy support ca be offered if you were thinking about starting!))
- Have a positive attitude to learning new things, getting stuck in and being hands on
- Have experience of dealing with a wide range of employees, from Directors to shop-floor workers
- Are willing and able to work one late night a fortnight (maximum) till approx 9 / 10 pm
- Have your own transport as public transport links to this area aren’t that great
If this role sounds like a bit of you, apply with a copy of your CV, or your LinkedIn profile, or drop us a line to discuss in more detail. Every application is reviewed by a person and everyone will get a response, its the least you deserve.