We are pleased to be exclusively recruiting for a high growth retail and omni-channel business, c£15m turnover across 20 stores and a thriving Ecommerce division. This role is part of a hands-on functional finance team and due to the growth of the business is seeking a transactional leader/accountant to support the existing Financial Controller. This exciting role offers scope to develop and learn as well as join a highly successful Scottish SME business.
The role is to ensure the day to day smooth running of the financial transactional process, ensuring accuracy over all Bank, SL and PL processing and completing month end reconciliations across the SL and PL
The role will also support operational requests on any SL or PL account and be responsible for answering queries on proposed payment runs and management of credit control including new customer accounts
You main responsibilities will be:
● Completion of daily banking transactions ensuring SAGE updated daily
● Completion of monthly bank reconciliations in line with Month End timetable and presented to FM for sign off
● Review of month end and mid-month payment run and answering management queries
● Processing of PL overhead invoices including authorisation from appropriate managers
● Manage rent and service charge costs
● Processing of expenses and credit card analysis
● Support and review of supplier Purchase order stock invoices including support on queries and attending supplier meeting where needed.
● Weekly review of SL aged debt and run weekly credit control meetings with finance and Regional Managers.
● Review credit facility for new trade customers via the branches and make recommendations to FM for sign off
● Liaise with debt collecting agency for 7-day letters and any further action
● Balance Sheet Reconciliations
○ Ecom receipts
○ Branch receipts and banking
○ Credit card analysis and posting
○ Expense analysis and payments
● Issue daily banking summaries
● Deal with the bank on day-to-day queries with credit cards and limits , card machine queries
● Ability to manage share mailbox across the finance function
In order to be successful in the role you should have the:
● Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
● Ability to challenge why we do something
● Ability to work /liaise with retail stores and how to solve problems
● Ability to show initiative to solve queries through to completion
● Mindset to highlight any inefficiencies to a process
● Desire to make things better and more efficient
If successful you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package plus a truly flexible employer who wants people to be autonomous and take ownership of their role.