The Business Development Manager has the primary role of driving the sales within the company. The Business Development Manager is the outward face of the company and the critical first contact that any new customer or partner will have with the business. They must clearly relay the values of the business ensuring that only the right partners are brought on board while ensuring that challenging KPIs and targets are achieved. They must ensure that they are up to date with patterns in consumer and market behaviour, to support in consistently optimising the business’s commercial performance.
The role of the Business Development Manager is a hands-on role that requires commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the consumer base and the competitive market the comapny operates in. The Business Development Manager role is an integral part of the business and sales team in that it also involves the management of external partners and collaborations with numerous internal departments to ensure commercial success.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Responsible for identifying new business opportunities to maximise our offering and the impact we can have on our learners. Plan for the implementation and execution of these services
• To ensure that the overall portfolio of services achieves an agreed margin and delivers excellent customer service
• To achieve individual KPI’s as defined by the Head of Business Development
• Analyse current national partners and report on areas for future partner networks and strategic partnerships
• Ensure all CRM systems and financial tracking is kept up to date for your region
• In conjunction with the Sales team and the Head of Business Development expand and diversify our offering to increase major initiatives and existing collaborations
• Lead on events to promote the companies offerings and its benefits
• Analyse, track and report on key metrics to identify trends and highlight areas of development within your region
• Project and promote the companies offerings to new audiences and partners within your region • Keep up to date on appropriate funding rules and eligibility, to ensure we are maximising these benefits for our learners and the business
• To ensure, you are able to educate partners, potential new business on the full commercial offering of the the company
• To be a champion for the company, promoting the department throughout the Company and ensuring its presence as a department continues to have a positive impact and growth on companies overall offering and divisions.
• To promote and adhere to all company policies and procedures and to ensure as a manager within the business, you set a good example at all times
• To complete any other reasonable instruction from your manager as per the needs of the department and the business
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
• A commitment to the companies values.
• Target driven, with excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
• Ability to maintain a focus on delivery expectations.
• Approachable and flexible.
• Team Player with the ability to work with employees at all levels.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Passionate about the business and staff that enthuses everyone.
• Work ethic and desire to create something that is scalable.
• Motivates and inspires to deliver the highest performance and results
• A “can do” approach to our work and clients
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Commercially astute
• To have existing knowledge of Business Development within the education, sports or leisure sectors
• Previous experience as a successful Business Development Manager
• Strong influencing and relationship building skills
• Excellent IT, analysis and reporting skills
• Good communication and negotiating skills
• Enhanced DBS Check
• Clean driving licence
• Able to commit to national travel
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous knowledge of the WBL industry and apprenticeships
• Knowledge of the apprenticeship levy
• Previous experience working with a private training provider