Firmware Reverse Engineer
Remote, United States
Are you a hardware security professional who can reverse engineer and dump firmware? If so, my client would love to talk with you.
They are a leader in the automotive performance and tuning space and are looking for someone who can help them access and improve the performance and efficiency of vehicle ECUs and ECMs. They purchase every vehicle model they work on so you will have the opportunity to work up close and personal with the latest models and automotive technology as soon as it is released. They will also provide deeper training in IDA Pro so long as you have some level of knowledge using the tool or similar.
So long as you can travel a few times a year then you can work remotely and have a very flexible schedule.
What you’ll need to bring to this role:
- A background in firmware/hardware security and reverse engineering
- Prior experience working in automotive security (CANbus, ECUs etc.) is a bonus, but not essential
- Ability to write in C/C++ and Python
- A knowledge of Embedded systems and embedded software
- Experience with debugging tools (WinDbg, gdb, lldb, OllyDbg)
- Experience using binary analysis tools, ideally IDA Pro but BinaryNinja, Ghidra will transfer too
- Understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP stacks, wire-level protocols, RF communications, BGP, routing protocols, or others)
- Embedded system development and/or hardware debugging using JTAG/gdb
- Full system emulation
- Linux or other OS reversing and vulnerability research
- Binary reverse engineering
- Experience with assembly language (x86/64, ARM, PPC, Mips, etc.)
If hacking and modifying automotive parts sounds like an exciting role then please apply now to find out more!