Our client is a very well-established privately-owned name in corrugate packaging. With 3 sites across the South of the UK and an impressive long term client base, they truly are a market leader. Due to some progression across the business for different members of the team they now need to add a new group operations manager to the business, who has aspirations to progress to group operations director.
Position: Group Operations Manager.
The role has overall responsibility for the operations function within the business, which means weekly involvement at all three sites. Our aim is to develop the role so the successful applicant can progress to director level within the business and ultimately become a shareholder.
- Management of the Accreditation and Health & Safety Manager, hence overall responsibility for health and safety matters, plus our BRC and FSC accreditations.
- Delivering on going manufacturing productivity improvements.
- Control and, as necessary, the enhancement of product quality.
- Adherence to the daily manufacturing plan, to ensure deliveries are on time and in full.
- Management of the three operations managers
- Management of the engineering team (three engineers), including the preventative maintenance and machinery development programmes.
- Managing sites in across the South of the UK so travel will be required
- Education to degree level as a minimum.
- A strong operations background with experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of methodologies to deliver continuous improvement within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of developing teams in an operations environment to the extent that they become self-sufficient and not reliant on your daily leadership.
- An ability to engage with a wide variety of people both internally and externally to the business.
- Has the ability to deliver successfully large capital investment projects.
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation and BRC Direct Food Standards would be advantageous.