Venari Finance is delighted to be retained by Scotgold in Glasgow to recruit their newly created Finance Manager.
Scotgold Resources Limited are the only Goldmine in operation in the UK with a processing plant in Tyndrum, near Loch Lomond and currently listed on the AIM market (AIM: SGZ).
Significant progress has been made at Cononish Gold and Silver Mine ('Cononish') in the last 6-9 months as the Company targets gold production run rate of c.23,500oz per annum by end of Quarter one of 2023.
Scotgold produce gold from concentrate which is exported, with future plans to add a gravity gold table where gold is melted on site sold to jewellers in Scotland.
• Headcount has doubled to 93 over the last 12 months
• Production records both broken in the most recent two quarters
• Further ramp up expected in the next 12 months to reach full production
• New Glasgow Head Office opened during February 2022
This is an exciting time for Scotgold as it continues to grow and build on its impressive progress to date. The business are looking to appoint an ambitious, newly qualified accountant to support the finance team by building and developing robust financial processes and working closely with the operations team as the business focuses on interlinking finance with the wider organisation as it grows. This is a newly created Finance Manager role and will provide the individual with a wide breadth of exposure from day one.
The accounts & finance team play a key role in how the business operates and therefore a willingness to develop an understanding of each area of the business is required. The pace and diversity of the company throws up new and exciting challenges on a daily basis.
The evolving and aspirational development of Scotgold requires the candidate to be both an ambitious and intuitive individual, with a willingness to learn all aspects of the business operation and incumbent financial objectives with the goal achieving high levels of efficiency.
The Finance Manager will work as part of a lean and forward-thinking culture and will report directly to the Financial Controller.
You will be part of a friendly, close-knit team who are passionate about their product and the potential growth of the business. The opportunity will involve working alongside the Financial Controller, CFO and CEO, who are all located at the Glasgow office on a daily basis. The role will involve working and liaising with all parts of the business, including Operations, Procurement and Commercial.
Day to day overview:
• Being responsible for preparation and review of the revenue billing process, liaising with the customer, shipping line and hauliers
• Be responsible for the preparation and review of the monthly management accounts, including journal postings, variance analysis and commentary.
• Be in regular contact with key suppliers in order to assist with the monitoring of cash flows
• Preparation of the monthly finance board back as presented to the board by the CFO
• Assist with the annual budgeting process, liaising with the operations department and challenging
• Assist with the preparation and delivery of the interim and annual audit
The Finance Manager position requires an accountant who possesses excellent organisational, interpersonal, and technical skills. The ability to build relationships with and influence internal stakeholders is a key requirement, as are strong technical accounting skills.
As the company is in the midst of a sustained period of growth, there is a focus on continuous improvement and development of reporting.
A strong track record of achievement both professionally and academically is required given the nature and requirements of this position.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
• Qualified accountant CA/ACCA/CIMA with commercial awareness and business acumen
• Strong technical accounting skills with great attention to detail
• Demonstrable ability to maintain robust financial control environment and drive process improvement/efficiency
• An approachable manner, working as part of a team to achieve company-wide objectives
• Advanced Excel skills
• Effective interpersonal skills, managing communications within the finance team and across all departments in the business
• Comfortable working to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills to support business decision making processes
• Inquisitive & with the ability to learn quickly
• A prior understanding of manufacturing or construction sectors would be advantageous