We are exclusively recruiting for a SHEQ officer to join a manufacturer on the outskirts of Wakefield.
The role will be to lead all areas of Quality, H & S and Environmental across their sites whilst being proactive and coming up with improvements in regards to the process and safety. You will also assist with training in the form of toolbox talks, RAM's, SSOW's and procedure compliance.
The SHEQ Officer
- Monitor all processing operations continuously looking for any areas that can be improved.
- Audit the sites looking for compliance to legislation and lead from the front.
- Promote a safety culture on site, understand the manufacturing processes, look for areas of improvement in Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental practices.
- Maintain the calibration system, arrange for internal and external calibration to be completed.
- Analysis data, quality statistics, incident, and accident rates
- Work closely with the Site Managers, help them to continuously improve in all aspects of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental systems and processes.
- Manage and motivate members of the quality team continuously. Review test methods, procedures and SSOW.
- Have the ability to manage employees and be assertive to any employees who are breaching any site rules, ability to change people’s thought processes.
- Have the ability to produce meaningful reports, customer focused at all times.
- Chair monthly QHSE meetings and monitor action plans.
- Assist as required with accident investigations and post accident interviews / data gathering.
- Complete various inductions, Health & Safety permits and Lock & Tag procedure paperwork as required.
- Carry out Health, Safety & Environmental inspections as required.
- Make sure all processed material meets customer specifications, work with the Site Supervisors and come up with new testing techniques.
- Deal with supplier NCRs, liaise with the commercial department with all supplier related issues.
- The ability to write and review internal specifications, analyise data and come up with justifications
- The ability to deal with EA audits and to action CAR reports, if and when required
- The ability to complete Non-conformance reports and come up with real robust root causes and actions to prevent re-occurrence
Experience & Qualifications
- A good knowledge of health, safety and Environmental practices
- IOSH essential. Aspiration to progress NEBOSH
- Experience in implementing ISO 9001, ISO 1400 and 45001
- Be a trained internal auditor, with the ability to be the key person during 3rd party audits
- Understanding of current HSE laws and legislation
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple workloads simultaneously, reach reporting deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Have a good understanding of the 5s culture
- Have the ability to work across 4 production sites and be flexible
- Process driven and the ability to challenge people at all levels of the business
- System focused, ability to create new procedures and documents
- Experience of RIDDOR reporting and investigating
On offer is a salary between £28,000 and £32,000 Plus car allowance