We are working exclusively with a well known manufacturer within in the Pontefract region to recruit 2 Senior Plant Operatives due to internal promotions.
The role will be to continuously monitor all areas of process flow throughout the plant. To be able to step up and cover the Supervisor role and all other Plant roles to enable break relief. To have sufficient Mechanical and Electrical skills to carry out minor repairs and productive maintenance as required.
- Be fully trained to operate and maintain all processing plant machines and have the necessary skills required to carry out productive maintenance as required throughout the shift and during plant outages for PPM.
- Be fully conversant with all plant roles to enable cover to be carried out during break times as required.
- Monitor the processing within all production areas and look to continuously improve the process flow and efficiency of the plant.
- Assist the Team Supervisor to achieve production targets by maximising efficiency and minimising all waste streams across all plant machines.
- Make sure you have the correct PPE for any given tasks, that it is in an appropriate condition and it is being worn correctly.
- Play a leading role in making sure that if Plant stoppages are required to gain access to further inspect or clean plant sorting machines or equipment that this is organised and actioned as quickly and effectively as possible to minimise the downtime.
- Make sure that any issues found are acted upon accordingly at all times or reported as required.
- Operate the company FLT as required if qualified to do so
- Continuously monitor the plant for any spillage or wear issues and react and report accordingly.
- Make sure that any downtime issues are communicated to the Supervisor so that accurate records can be maintained at all times.
- Play a leading role during any plant change-overs or planned outages where maintaining plant equipment should be maximised by all available personnel as effectively as possible.
- Report any plant defects or issues in the appropriate & timely manner.
- Relieve other plant operative roles as required to cover break times and holiday cover.
- Ensure adherence to all internal processes and procedures to ensure role is completed accurately at all time.
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members to ensure work is being carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
The Senior Production Operative
- A good knowledge of health and safety practices
- Possess good leadership skills and abilities
- Hold a current FLT license
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess good I.T skills
On offer is a salary between £24,000 and £26,000 working a mixture of Days and Nights