We are working with a SME specialist engineering company who design and supply heavy process plant equipment. They work with several global businesses from Mining to special metal products.
To strengthen their team, they are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who can take the lead with large bespoke projects and original process plant design.
- Working with the Design Manager to establish the design basis for contracts, plant specification, timescales and budgets.
- Working with the Process Engineer to establish the P&ID, sizing and function of the machinery to be designed.
- Designing original process plant using 3D modelling and creation of all required documentation.
- Working with the manufacturing team to ensure process plant is fabricated and assembled ready for customer witness.
- Working with the customer to ensure plant is delivered, installed and commissioned to their satisfaction.
- Providing post-sales technical support as required.
- Apply first principles calculation to underpin the design phase.
- Concept through to detailed design of process plant
- Document all stages of design process and production
- Technical liaison with customer, internal/external stakeholders & suppliers.
- Supervision of plant installation and commission
Skills and Experience;
- 3D parametric modelling and creation of 2D drawings is essential.
- Autodesk Inventor 2021 and Vault, but experience of this package is not essential and cross-training from other packages is available.
- AutoCAD 2D. Experience is not essential but preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering in a lead role, preferably of machinery or process plant is essential.
- Excellent MS Office skills and the ability to use and manipulate Excel and Word or similar packages are essential.
Salary: £32,000.00-£42,500.00 per year