We have a market-leading company with ties to the food chain. With a UK annual turnover approaching £250 million and employs around 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country.
They are now looking for a Maintenance Fitter with a good knowledge of Pneumatics & Hydraulics, alongside all pump types.
This is a full-time permanent position, working an average of 42 hours per week, 4 on / 4 off shifts (days and nights).
• Maintenance and repair of a range of mechanical plant, a good knowledge of Pneumatics & Hydraulics
• Good knowledge of all pump types (centrifugal, positive displacement, self-priming etc.)
• Completion of Planned Preventative Maintenance activities
• Undertaking surveys and reports as required.
• To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
• To be able to carry out a reasonable standard of welding, MMA & MIG.
• Completion of steam raising works and boiler house routine checks.
• Assist in meeting all legislative requirements in respect of environment and health and safety, including maintaining accurate records.
• Had a time served apprenticeship or recognised Mechanical Engineering certification/qualification, or equivalent.
• Previous engineering experience within a process/factory environment.
• To be able to work on own initiative and take ownership of projects within an agreed timescale.
If you are interested and feel suited for the role, please apply.