This is a great opportunity to join a growing Manufacturer on the outskirts or Barnsley ,who are offering great benefits, a progressive work environment and varied tasks - with opportunities for further training and experience.
The successful candidate will help maintain existing machinery and install new equipment including vessels, pumps, pipework as well as assisting with general maintenance throughout the building.
- Install or assist in the installation of new services and equipment.
- Design, promote and undertake preventative maintenance.
- To be effective in a reactive maintenance situation
- To understand, maintain and promote legislative requirements within the scope of their work (LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA, IEE wiring regulations, working at height, confined space, etc)
- To overhaul, refurbish plant and machinery
- Undertake routine testing such as PAT, emergency lighting, fire alarms etc
- Work confidently and positively in a time critical environment
- Must be able to work both individually and as part of a team and participate in making decisions in a dynamic situation
- Actively promote safe working practices.
- Effectively communicate at all levels – keeping managers, team members and relevant parties informed and seek advice and assistance as and when required.
- Assist in maintenance tasks as required within their capability
- Be confident working at height and in confined spaces
- Be prepared to undertake training as part of continuous improvement
- Undertake basic electrical installations in line with legal requirements.
- Modify existing circuits in line with legal requirements
The Maintenance Engineer
- A recognised qualification in ether electrical installation or electronics desirable
- IPAF desirable (training can be provided)
- FLT Licence desirable (training can be provided)
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday 8am till 4:30pm
Salary £25,000 to £30,000 DOE plus bonus