About the Job:
We’re now working exclusively with a US leading Managed service and IP provider in their search nationwide for a Network Architect that has a background in IP Networking and some exposure to automation.
An ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of IP routing, packet switched networks and other protocols. Experience with tool development (Perl/Python/Scripting). Strong knowledge and awareness of a wide range of vendor platforms (such as Cisco, Juniper and Ciena).
- Responsible for design, testing, documentation, and initial implementation of new technologies in our global IP and transport network.
- Improve tools or drive automation for the Network Operations team to better monitor the network, diagnose problems, collect information, and increase efficiency.
- Work with partners and vendors to select and test hardware, software, and services for use in the network.
- Work with the Network Operations teams as a final escalation point for troubleshooting complex issues, almost as a ‘4th line’
Required Qualifications/ Requirements:
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience developing configuration and policies on a large-scale network.
- Experience with advanced-level MPLS, including traffic engineering with RSVP-TE and Segment Routing.
- Experience with full-lifecycle product development.
- Experience with network automation and Software Defined Networking concepts.