About the Job:
Voted in the top 10 Fiber and Network Providers providers to work for in the US, with a network spanning over 24,000 miles of fiber optic cable in the North Eastern and Mid Atlantic. We are now looking for an IP Engineer to join an established and highly functional Engineering team full of JNCIEs and CCIEs as well as competent and high-performing Engineers in the service provider space.
We need an Engineer with a background in ISP Networks to help head up deployment and high-level config/ Support.
- Maintain network systems including interior and exterior routing protocols.
- Design Packages including detailed implementation project plans and procedures.
- Collaborate with other operations departments to design approved infrastructure.
- Continuously identify, review, and recommend potential opportunities for cost-savings, service quality improvement, and operational efficiency.
- Serve as the escalation contact during complex outages requiring Layer 3 analysis.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications/ Requirements:
- Experience in a Service Provider environment utilizing ISIS, OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
- Experience with large scale IP networks and supporting system design as either the lead engineer or as part of a team.
- Experience with Carrier Ethernet design/deployment.
- Experience with equipment and vendors such as Ciena, Telco Systems and Juniper MX Series.
- Functional working knowledge of Linux/Unix OS variants.